In the Festive spirit of Christmas I made Santa Claus Cupcakes to give away. They are angel food cake with chocolate frosting and a long 6 hours worth of work on top of them. I calculated it took me 12 minutes per individual cupcake!! Yikes!! I don't think I'll be making that many again so soon- but then again, Christmas is only once a year so I won't have to :)
My kitten got first dibs.. she loved the chocolate frosting!
Angel Food Cake Recipe
12 fl oz egg whites
12 oz sugar
1T lemon juice
1 tsp salt
4.5 oz flour
1. Whip the whites to soft peaks with the lemon juice and salt.
2. Add the sugar gradually and continue to whip to medium peaks
3. Sift flour in and fold at the speed that you are pouring in the flour. (you can add any powdered flavorings here, I added ginger)
4. Bake at 350 until firm when pressed down.
5. Cool upside down with a cup or bottle holding it up in the air (we don't want the steam to get back into the cake or it will deflate.)