Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Have you been to Eataly?

Eataly quickly became my favorite food place as soon as I walked through the door and saw the vast array of Italian products.
I walked through the door and after walking in a few feet I am greeted with this:
And who can resist that right?
Walking in a couple more steps I was in the Piazza watching hungry business people enjoy their beautiful cheese and meat plates with a nice glass of Italian wine.
You can tell with one quick glance at anything you see in that store that the highest quality is there!


There is a different section for meat, fish, veggies, pasta & pizza, bakery, wine and beer. Not to mention the endless shelves of specialty olive oils and anchovies and jams.. the list could go on and on. And you must check out the yard long pasta. I am still trying to figure out how big a pot I would need to cook it in.
Eataly gives you a fun and interactive food shopping experience. The prices are normal gourmet NY prices but when you take into account the quality and the fact that the products are imported, then it all makes sense and ytou accept it and enjoy it even more.

I have to tell you, I am super excited for Christmas season when Italian specialty products come about. Panettone is at the top of my list.
Hopefully it will not be as large as this one I saw at the Fancy food show this year, but just as tasty would be good.

An Italian experience has never been nearer, just hop on the train and you are in Eataly.

No comments:

Post a Comment