Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Latin Quarter

I love food, especially ethnic food and those with different flavors from what I am used to.
One of my favorite appetizers is Ceviche. I was pleasently surprised to find a great one at the Latin Quarter Restaurant in Orlando's City Walk.
This is a huge portion size (seeing a common factor here) and it was almost enough as an antree itself. The seafood was so well marinaded in it's lemony sauce. It's a Shrimp and Snapper Ceviche marinated with lemon, lime and orange juices and also with chilled jalapenos, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro and green olives.

It was also served with warm bread rolls with a compound butter that I just couldn't figure out. Tasty though!
And the main course...
Broiled Snapper with tomato rice and creamy sauce, topped with chorizo and asparagus. The fish lacked a little flavor but the rice and chorizo made the dish.

Unfortunately I didn't get to dessert that day, but here is a dessert that might have gone well with that meal:
Churros with chocolate sauce:

No comments:

Post a Comment