Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Vacation Eats in Orlando Florida

I stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel on my visit to Orlando and I have to say the best thing I ate on vacation was at the hotel's 'The Kitchen' Restaurant. and it was a classic too... the best and biggest burger I ever ate:

And this fried thing that I kept staring at.. Pickles.. Fried pickles. I think I just learned that the saying of "if it's fried it's gotta be good" is not always true. This is the only case thus far! But the burger as you can see is huge and amazing. The Brioche bun was very fluffy and the meat was cooked perfectly. It also had bacon cheddar cheese and a mayo sauce and onion rings.
I think the bacon and the brioche bun made this burger my top pick.

And then came dessert... and was it heavenly!
It came displayed on a marble guitar. There were shooter glasses, creme brule, fried pb & j dumpling, chocolate cake, cheesecake, banana pudding, brownie and lots and lots of ice cream! I Scream for deliciousness.


And a little recipe for you all who want to know how to make a creme brulee... here you go:


2 cups heavy cream
3 oz sugar
1/2 split vanilla bean or cinnamon or any flavoring you might like (don't use extracts as their flavor will be cooked off)
6 yolks
Granulated sugar for torching

1. Combing cream and sugar and vanilla bean and bring to a simmer.
2. Whisk yolks together in a bowl and then whisk the hot mixture into the yolks while whisking constantly.
3. Strain the mixture through a fine strainer and pour into shallow baking dishes.
4. Bake in a water bath at 300 degrees until set and not very jiggly.
5. Cool in a refrigerator a minnimum of 1 hour or until ready to use.
6. When ready to serve, sprinkle some suger over the entire surface, torch the sugar till caramel color.
7. Decorate with colorful fruits or other desired garnish.

Other flavoring ideas: Cinnamon and a lemon peel. 1 oz of pumpkin puree. 1 oz Rum

No comments:

Post a Comment