Here is the final outcome:
And here is a recipe for LEMON CURD in case you'd like to make your own.
Zest of 2 lemons
6 fluid oz lemon juice (note: fluid, not weight measure)
6 oz Sugar
4 oz butter
- Put all the ingredients in a pot except for the yolks and whisk together.
- Allow the butter to melt and strain the mixture.
- Whisk the yolks together and pour the warm lemon mixture over the yolks while stirring continuously.
- Return the entire mixture back over a pot over medium heat, and stir untill it thickens and small bubbles start to form.
- Turn off the heat and ice bath the lemon curd mixture with a piece of plastic wrap directly covering and touching the surface of the curd.
- As it cools, the curd will thicken even more.