So delicious I could eat this refreshing treat for breakfast EVERYDAY!
Yes, everyday because it is very low in fat, the only fat in this little dessert comes from the egg yolks. And the flavor of the chocolate blends so well with the refreshing citrus. Besides the chocolate fudge sauce on top, the bottom of the mini cheesecake is a thin layer of chocolate.
So here is what you need to do to make this delicious treat.
1. Ahead of time, melt some chocolate and cover the base of a silicone mould with a thin layer. If you want you can make it go all the way up the sides but I feel that the chocolatey surprise at the bottom is better, just like a supermarket-bought ice cream cone. (you know what I'm talking about)
Allow the chocolate to harden before you put the cheesecake mixture in it.
2. Make a lime curd (see the lemon curd recipe in my previous post and substitute with lime juice) and rest in refrigerator for about 5 hours till firlmy set (or overnight).
3. When ready to make the cheesecake, soak 5 gelatin leaves.
4. Meanwhile, cream lemon curd and 2 packages of fat-free cream cheese with a paddle (if using a stand mixer). You can adjust the amount of cream cheese and lime curd to your liking, if you want more creamy and less pungeant, use more cream cheese, if you want more lime flavor, then use more curd.
5. Squeeze out the excess water in the gelatin leaves and allow to dissolve with a teaspoon of water over the heat.
6. Beat dissolved gelatin into the cream cheese mixture until very well incorporated.
7. Place cheesecake mixture into moulds and freeze until hardened. (Hardenign allows you to take the cheesecakes out of the moulds very cleanly.)
8. When the cheesecake is fully hardened, pop the cheesecakes out of the moulds and store in the fridge. It will take a few hours until they soften up again so keep this in mind if you plan on serving for guests. I would give it a full 5 hours to be on the safe side.
9. If you will be serving within those 5 hours, I suggest placing the hardened cheesecakes on their individual plates ready for serving, if not, store in an air tight container but make sure you don't crowd them or you will be digging your fingers into the cheesecake to get them out. They will be pretty soft.
Garnish the cheesecakes however you like. I used some chocolate sauce on top and chocolate shards on the side. I really love how the chocolate tastes with this cheesecake. I also used some lime zest on top to make it colorful.
You can use any garnish you like. You can even change the chocolate base for a cookie crust or an actual layer of lime curd. The possibilities are endless. Enjoy!!